Monday, March 28, 2016

Pray it Forward

I woke up a couple mornings ago happy. I had gotten to sleep-in (a very rare thing for a mommy) and my bed felt so nice and comfy. I didn't have a 5 year old jabbing her foot into my back and I knew she slept in her bed all night. It was a good feeling. "Good morning Lord," I said, "Thank you so much for letting me sleep in today, thank you for my warm cozy bed, and thank you that my daughter slept in her own bed last night. These might seem simple and futile but I just want to thank You for them. They are blessings to me." 

In fact they were such wonderful blessings to me that I wanted someone else to experience them too! Maybe another mom, or a homeless person, or a soldier out in a foreign land missing home. So I "prayed" it forward.  "Lord, please let someone else out there, (well even more than just someone, a lot of people!) experience a morning of waking up warm, well slept, happy and thankful. And may they realize the gifts You have given them so that they can pray it forward too. In Jesus' name, Amen." :)

Thus, praying it forward has begun in my heart. Won't you try it in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment