Sunday, January 17, 2016

Would you call yourself a Disciple Maker?

Everyday is an opportunity to pour the love of Christ into someone. 

Are you doing that? 

Look back at your day today. Did you invest in someone else? You might say, "My kids!" And that's great, I will not discount that. Our little ones need to be discipled by mom and dad. But if you are saved, then you have the power of the Risen One inside you, and He is asking for way more than just your family. He wants you living like He lived. 

John 14:12-14 says, “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." (ESV)

Wow. Jesus just said that whoever believes in Him will do the works that He did. 
Am I doing what Jesus did??
And then He said "and greater works than these he will do because I am going to the Father." 
So we could do even greater works than Christ?? This is crazy to me BUT because Jesus said it, I will believe it! He is saying that because He has risen and is living in us, we can call upon Him and in His name ask for anything and He will do it. CRAZY.

Now obviously this doesn't apply to selfish things like asking for a million dollars for you to spend on yourself. But if you asked the Lord for a million dollars to spend on starving children and widows I bet He would work some really creative way out to make that happen. It could come over your entire lifetime or in one lump sum, but if the Holy Spirit is impressing on your heart to ask for something in Jesus' name, then He will do it. 

So let's change up our daily routine tomorrow. Instead of focusing on everything we need to do for OUR immediate life and family, let's look beyond that to whoever we come in contact with. Let's start the day in His Word and in prayer asking and seeking for His will for today. If you ask for a person to bless for His glory today, He WILL give it to you. Just watch.

This is what making disciples is all about. Abiding in the Lord, praying for opportunity, and following through when you see your moment…or rather, His moment. His moment to shine through YOU. That is what we are here for.

When you die someday, you know what's going to matter? I'll tell you, it's NOT going to be the house that you had built, or the corporate ladder that you climbed, or the amazing talents you got to display for the world to see. All that will matter is how you loved. How you loved Christ and how you loved others.

So get your head out of your own life and start investing in others. We are here to glorify God and make disciples! Lets do it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment