Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Have you lost your way friend?


Do you ever feel lost? Or maybe you just find yourself making the same mistakes over and over again? Believer, this should not be.

In John 8:12 Jesus says, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (ESV)

Why are you struggling friend? You were meant to walk in the light with the One who loves you and who made a way for you.

I'm going to be brutally honest: Following Jesus is HARD. There I said it. 

It takes action, commitment, sacrifice, humility, perseverance, and desire. First, you have to want it. You have to want to follow Christ. If you truly want it then you have to make the necessary adjustments in your heart and your life.

Matthew 16:24 says it all: Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. (NLT)

If you feel lost, it's because you have allowed selfish desires to lead you away from the lighted path of Jesus. If you keep making the same mistakes over and over again then it's because you aren't truly following Christ. He will never lead you astray. 

I did this for 10 years so I completely understand where you are.  But I am living proof that you can be found and you can have life change!  It wasn't like magic though, it took WORK. Reading my bible everyday is still something that I have to consciously make an effort to do otherwise it doesn't happen.  Following Christ is a commitment and just going to church every sunday ain't gonna do it.  Are you a Church-goer or are you a true follower of Jesus?

If you are tired of feeling lost and you want to break the cycle of making bad choices then please pray this prayer with me:
Lord, I come to you today ready for a change. Please forgive me for wandering away from You and trying to do things on my own. Help me to walk in Your light. Create a new life in me that desires You above all else! Please use your Holy Spirit to convict me of my selfish desires. Help me to turn away from them and turn back to you, daily. Bring people into my life that will encourage this new way of life. Change my heart God, and use me for Your glory. Thank you Lord, I love you, In Jesus' name, Amen.

Now don't just sit there, get your Bible and start reading! Read Psalms, Matthew, Ephesians, or whatever book you feel led to read. Write down your "ah-ha" moments as you read. These are things that the Holy Spirit is showing you for a reason. Ask Him to teach you as you read. 
If the thought of reading your Bible is intimidating then just do 5 minutes of reading and pray for another 5 minutes. Do this EVERYDAY (preferably morning) until you find yourself desiring to read more.  Believe me it will happen. Before you know it you'll be spending so much time with God that you will feel His presence AT ALL TIMES. 

It IS possible to stay on His lighted path and never walk in darkness again, but you have to turn from your worldly desires and fix your eyes on Jesus. You can do it! You call yourself a Believer, now live it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment