Monday, February 8, 2016

A Pattern for Healing

Sometimes the Lord allows friendships or close relationships to fall away for reasons only He knows. If friends or family have hurt you recently then you might find comfort in these verses as I have. There is a pattern to David's torment and healing. It begins with mourning and comes out with praise and a reminder of God's promises. There is a time for everything, and as long as we come out praising God then His purposes for us will be fulfilled.

Psalm 87:8-9 (Mourning)

You have caused my companions to shun me;
    you have made me a horror to them.
I am shut in so that I cannot escape;
    my eye grows dim through sorrow.
Every day I call upon you, O Lord;
    spread out my hands to you.

vs 13:
But I, O Lord, cry to you;
    in the morning my prayer comes before you.

vs 18 
You have caused my beloved and my friend to shun me;
    my companions have become darkness.

Psalm 89:1-2 (Praise)

I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever;
    with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
For I said, “Steadfast love will be built up forever;
    in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness.”

Psalm 89:3-7 (Reminder of God's promises and His faithfulness)

You have said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one;
    I have sworn to David my servant:
‘I will establish your offspring forever,
    and build your throne for all generations.’” Selah
Let the heavens praise your wonders, O Lord,
    your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones!
For who in the skies can be compared to the Lord?
    Who among the heavenly beings
 is like the Lord,
a God greatly to be feared in the council of the holy ones,
    and awesome above all who are around him?

I hope David's example can help bring healing to your heart, as it has done to mine. 

Whatever you do, don't get stuck in the mourning phase. As I like to say, "Joy comes in the mourning." First you must allow sadness, then spread out your hands and cry out to the Lord! He hears you. After the sorrow, as you begin praising His great name, remind yourself of His promises to you. Some promises are Jeremiah 29:11, Matthew 11:28-29, Isaiah 40:29-31, Philippians 4:19, and the list goes on.

Mourning, Praise, Promises. This can be applied to ANY let downs or losses in life. Remember this!






No comments:

Post a Comment